- A fertilized egg is not a human being. It is a grouping of cells with the potential to become one.
- A fertilized egg should not have the same rights as actually born citizens.
- Forcing a woman to carry a child robs her of 9 months of her life and produces yet another child into the world that the right wing wants born, but immediately ceases to care about once they are here.
- A small government stays out of uteruses.
- There are not many things more heinous than forcing a woman to carry her rapists' child.
- This amendment is misogynist.
- There would be an EXTREMELY chilling affect of a law of this nature. Extremely.
- Choice is a deeply personal thing that should be up to individual women, discussed under sound medical advice, and not legislated by the government.
And by the time I finished writing this not even exhaustive list of things wrong with the personhood amendment, the site I was watching officially called it! YAY indeed!