Here is a very short list of stuff I'm extremely thankful for...
- A job that lets me exercise my basic belief that girls matter.
- An online community of supportive feminists who educate me daily.
- Hilarious, compassionate friends.
- A city full of fun, vibrant activities.
- Family--that's a complicated one for me, but I am thankful for them. Especially my in-laws, who have embraced me as their own.
- The ability and means to express myself through writing.
- My kitten babies.
- The ability to exercise my right to vote (something my great grandmother couldn't do!)
- Excellent feminist books this year from writers like Jessica Valenti and Lesley Kinzel.
- Gabby Douglas' smile and her talent reigniting my excitement for Olympic gymnastics.
- A second Obama term.
- OPI nail polish bringing color into my life daily.
- And most of all, a supportive, loving partner who brings so much creativity and laughter into my life.
I hope you all have a lovely holiday!