Here is a very short list of stuff I'm extremely thankful for...
- A job that lets me exercise my basic belief that girls matter.
- An online community of supportive feminists who educate me daily.
- Hilarious, compassionate friends.
- A city full of fun, vibrant activities.
- Family--that's a complicated one for me, but I am thankful for them. Especially my in-laws, who have embraced me as their own.
- The ability and means to express myself through writing.
- My kitten babies.
- The ability to exercise my right to vote (something my great grandmother couldn't do!)
- Excellent feminist books this year from writers like Jessica Valenti and Lesley Kinzel.
- Gabby Douglas' smile and her talent reigniting my excitement for Olympic gymnastics.
- A second Obama term.
- OPI nail polish bringing color into my life daily.
- And most of all, a supportive, loving partner who brings so much creativity and laughter into my life.
I hope you all have a lovely holiday!
Post a Comment
This blog has strict comment moderation intended to preserve a safe space. Moderation is managed solely by the blog author. As such, even comments made in good faith will be on a short delay, so please do not attempt to resubmit your comment if it does not immediately appear. Discussion and thoughtful participation are encouraged, but abusive comments of any type will never be published. The blog author reserves the right to publish/delete any comments for any reason, at her sole discretion.
TL;DR Troll comments are never published, so don't waste your time.